Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Whoa.

Update coming next week, I'd like to touch on yet another tough subject that's on my mind and get your opinions/thoughts on it... but something else is up today. I found an example of the kind of Christian I'm glad I'm not. Keep reading to get the video link.

There's few kinds of people in this world that actually sicken me. Child molesters and pedophiles are one group, white supremacists another. But here we've got a whole new brand of crazy and disturbing. I'm not a Hannity and Colmes fan by any stretch, and even in this clip they irritate me, but the lady they're interviewing is just... wel you have to see it to believe it. Look here before you read on.


Now here's what bugs me. Sure, assert the righteousness of God. Sure, talk about his holiness. Sure, have a political agenda - everyone does. The Iraq war gives me the willies, too. But I have never seen God be gleeful or vicious in scripture, even when he's blasting cities off the map in the OT. And I don't know many that try and say he was - except this group, apparently, which hails from the organization God Hates Fags. Truly, a morbid bunch.

Hey, I'm all about calling people on their sins. Well, for the people I know, anyway, or the people under me at work, because that's the context Paul did in the Bible. But if I ever start picketing funerals or getting that righteous/crazy gleam in my eye, I give you all permission to beat me within an inch of my life. What about that verse I posted last time: "Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?" Eze 18:23. People are really messed up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Without question this woman and what she represents makes me furious. However, I am also frustrated by FOX for giving her a platform. Some might argue that they are just giving her enough rope to hang herself, but having grown up in a family of journalists, it seems clear to me that airing this is far more calculated than it appear. Alas...

One suggestions, being familiar with the group you mention in the end of your post- please remove the link, even if you do say "don't go there". Don't even give their site that much attention. Just my view.

Peace,
Jamie

Wed Apr 19, 10:22:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

No prob - I actually didn't mean to give a link, just make reference to it. My bad. I still think no one should go there; I went once a few years back and haven't looked back since. I figure that if God hates sin, he must hate what they're doing.

Wed Apr 19, 11:13:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Wanderer said...

The Phelps crew are tied up with a bunch of disgusting things "in the name of God." I agree with both of you. I have questioned people in the past as to why they linked to him when complaining about him.

As I learned in the comedy business, a boo is as good as a laugh. Because whether you love me or hate me, if I provoked a reaction, you are likely to remember me, and even if you bad mouth me, my name gets out there.

Wed Apr 19, 09:28:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger R.S. Ladwig said...

Yeah,
These wing nuts showed up here in Milwaukee a couple months back. I believe in the wrath of God because I believe the bible, but to hold signs saying "God hates fags" and to rejoice in the death of soldiers at all places the funerals where their loved ones pay their respect is a tragic misrepresentation of Christ.

Wanderer put it well as far as what their goal is: "As I learned in the comedy business, a boo is as good as a laugh. Because whether you love me or hate me, if I provoked a reaction, you are likely to remember me, and even if you bad mouth me, my name gets out there."

They have their few minutes of lime light.

Thu Apr 20, 01:11:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

I was especially upset when Phelps et al. had the extreme arrogance and audacity to come to MY country, and burn OUR flag in front of our nation's capital buildings, calling it "the faggot's flag".

Bad enough that they pretend to be Christians in their own country, but stay out of ours, please.

Fri Apr 21, 02:31:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Hegemon said...

The comment about "the faggot's glag" makes me wonder.. what country do they come from where there aren't any homos?

Wed Apr 26, 05:56:00 a.m. 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home