Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Update

We're in our house!

Work is insane!

And there's no internet hookup at home for us yet. Hence the pathetic showing here for the last 2 weeks, as I'm only able to blog at work and I really ought to be working when I'm at work. You know, just one of those things.

Been doing alot of praying lately; alot of praying and reading. Trying to chip some of the ice off the ol' heart.

So here's something that I've been reading: A selection from the Carmena Gadelica, a collection of Celtic Christian hymns and prayers. Translated from Gaelic.


ACHANAIDH GRAIS - A PRAYER FOR GRACE

I am bending my knee
In the eye of the Father who created me,
In the eye of the Son who died for me,
In the eye of the Spirit who cleansed me,
In love and desire.
Pour down upon us from heaven
The rich blessing of Thy forgiveness;
Thou who art uppermost in the City,
Be Thou patient with us.
Grant to us, Thou Saviour of Glory,
The fear of God, the love of God, and His affection,
And the will of God to do on earth at all times
As angels and saints do in heaven;
Each day and night give us Thy peace.
Each day and night give us Thy peace.

See all y'all later. Peace be with you.


8 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

"See all y'all later."
Was that just for me? ;-)

Glad you're all moved in! Welcome back.

Tue Feb 07, 10:31:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Yer in the house?!?

KILL THE FATTED CALF AND LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!!!

woot woot!!

Fri Feb 10, 09:09:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

Cindy - yeah, I thought I'd give a shout-out to my american audience - all one of you.

Robby - every time I start thinking of you as an old fart you go ahead and say something like "woot."

Thanks for the cheers, folks!

Fri Feb 10, 09:38:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa - make that two Yanks. And from the South to boot.

Congratulations on being moved in.

Sat Feb 11, 12:16:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Glad to know that I am so well noticed, Grey Owl. Given that I too am in the States, a transplanted redneck at that.

Sat Feb 11, 08:45:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Linda said...

Grey Owl,
Congratulations!

(another american fan of yours)

Sun Feb 12, 09:14:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

from another yankie, do you really have any canadian readers :)

Sun Feb 12, 11:31:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

Hmm... I seem to have awakened the ire of Our Friends from the South. My bad...

Wanderer - for some reason when I wrote that, I had it firmly in my head that you were in Alberta. Isn't that odd? I have no idea where I got that.

Scott, Grace, thanks for the congrats. I appreciate your comments1 And Maryellen - I thought there were more canadians in the house than americans, but I could be wrong...

Mon Feb 13, 09:00:00 a.m. 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home