Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm a Baaaad Blogger...

I spent half an hour on a post and had it eaten by the bloggermonster. This is why I hardly ever post!

Actually, it's because we did not, as planned, get the internet installed at our home. So I've been prevented from using the internet recreationally (that includes blogging). But I just got a comment from maryellen, and she sounded concerned as to my whereabouts. I looked at how long it's been and realized; I'm a bad blogger!

But when I have a minute and think about what I'd rather be doing, I think of you guys. My blog-friends, most of whom I've never met nor never will meet in person. I miss Maryellen and her kindness. Jamie and his compassion. Wanderer and his generous intellect. MC and his loyalty to his friends (and his... candor). Bob and his respectful wisdom. Cindy and her encouragement. Robby and his humour and care. And everyone else that I know I'm forgetting but still think about.

Anybody else have such trouble blogging? Or is it just me?

I think what I'll do is try to updtae once a month. But I would rather swing by your sites and chat there than sit here if no one comes by anymore (due to my absences). So I hope you'll see alot more of me in the near future. Thanks for caring.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! not a bad blogger. it's just life- we understand! I was worried too, though, but trying not to BUG you. :-) Good for MaryEllen. We just miss you and your owl face and deep thoughts. That was a cool little impromptu (spiritual) gifts inventory you did there. Very DISCERNING of ya. ;-)

Thu Jun 22, 05:24:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Cindy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Jun 22, 05:25:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Cindy said...

sorry for that delete- your page said my first one didn't go. obviously it did...

Thu Jun 22, 05:26:00 p.m. 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks bro. We are planning on having a pub night in a couple of weeks- probably around July 6th. Try to keep it open, as Len H. from Kelowna looks like he'll be here.

By the way, I have taken to writing all my posts in Notepad. Once it is in Blog and I have added all the hyperlinks, I copy it into my clipboard. Only THEN do I hit publish. So if it eats it, I have double backup. Just a thought.

Peace,
Jamie

Fri Jun 23, 09:49:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

Cindy - thanks for the encouragement! I'm trying to be more around but it's just so hard - I'm in the middle of a 11-hour day here, going into a 5-day conference halfway across the country tomorrow. I needs my dose o' bloggin'!!

Jamie - Thanks for the heads up. I'm definately busy on the 6th and am trying to be available other evenings that week. Let me know the final plan.

Fri Jun 23, 06:28:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger R.S. Ladwig said...

Hey you should check out this write up on the "emergent church" in the second article Bennet gives a pretty thorough and scholarly critique of much of Brian McLaren's stuff... tell me what you think.

http://www.the-highway.com/emergentchurchTOC_Bennett.html

Sat Jun 24, 01:32:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

yeah, after a year or so of blogging, I discover we all go through "dry" seasons. And some of my dearest blog mates have disappeared altogether. glad you are ok.

Sat Jun 24, 07:44:00 a.m. 2006  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Glad to see you are still around. Wasn't too worried, I've gone through a dry spell or two myself, just as MaryEllen says.

BTW - She spoke the truth about MC missing you. If you haven't seen it, he did comment here about wondering if he was responsible for you not coming around anymore.

Mon Jun 26, 11:59:00 p.m. 2006  
Blogger Grey Owl said...

Yeah, so I spent a week at a conferenc in BC and then a week playing catch up. Hence the absence (again).

Bob - the link didn't work for me. Can you post it again?

Maryellen - I intend to not disappear, if at all possible!

Wanderer - I read that! How sweet... Glad you're still "checking my pulse" every now and then

Watch for an honest to goodness post on monday. I promise.

Fri Jul 07, 06:12:00 p.m. 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home